Welcome to Spring 2!
The end is in sight!! We can't wait to welcome you all back on the 8th March. We have missed you all. There will still be some key components set in place for how we welcome you all back and how we handle ourselves around school, but we'll be in school, and that's all that matters right now!:)
Keep an eye out for more information from Mrs Bladen-Kay.
When we are back to school and we've settled into our Nursery routine, we will be looking at the topic 'people who help us'.
Key messages to remember for Nursery families for the next two weeks;
* Each morning a class zoom meeting will start at 9.15am. Here we will encourage children to keep in touch and they will have a chance to talk and share news with their friends. We will take turns to join in with show and tell, sing songs, read stories and I will talk about lessons and some of the learning challenges you can join in with at home.
* Each Friday morning a new learning pack will be ready for you to collect from school. The times that you can come to collect your child's class pack has been sent out on Parent App. Please also return their completed work each Friday and bring their old reading book when you come to school too. Here you will be able to get a new reading book for the week. Work will be marked and we will use Tapestry to make suggestions of how your child's learning can be extended even further.
* A weekly timetable will also be uploaded onto our class page so that you know which activity to complete each day in your child's learning pack
* Tapestry will be updated daily, please make sure you access Tapestry either on the Tapestry website, or by downloading the free Tapestry app on your mobile phone. We will post fun ideas of how you can encourage your children to learn through play at home.
* Please respond to some of the online learning challenges by posting photos or videos on Tapestry to show us your child engaging in the home learning activities.
* Read Write Inc videos will be uploaded onto Tapestry to support your child's phonics learning whilst they are at home.
* Keep in touch, if you need any extra support of if you have any questions about anything we are here to support you.
Educational Websites to use at home:
Reading websites -
* The website www.lovemybooks.co.uk has fantastic reading activities linked to popular books which are suitable for 3-5 year olds. The website is free to access and has art and craft activities and audio stories for your child to listen to.
* The website Oxford Owl has a free eBook library for you to access at home. You will need to make an account to access this library, but it is free to do so. There are over 1000 children's books in the eBook library for you to look at. Follow this link to view this online eBook library now. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
* www.phonicsplay.co.uk gives parents access to online reading games. Use the Login : March20 and the Password: Home
* the web link https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/find-out-more/parents/ will take you to an official Read Write Inc website which provides videos of how parents can support RWI learning and advises them on how to say the pure sounds correctly to support early reading.
Maths websites -
* The website Top Marks has free online games suitable for Early Years children. The games will help with number recognition, counting practise and also simple addition and subtraction problem solving https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/3-5-years/counting
* The website splashlearn has free Maths games for you to access at home. The games link directly to the Maths curriculum taught in school https://uk.splashlearn.com/maths-skills/year-1?adCampaign=11001994752&adGroup=107605616563&adTag=maths%20games%20for%20reception&adID=460799935895&ipad_blocker_disabled=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvP6ABhCjARIsAH37rbRH-1aGvVxtjMjnELz-YEdLsnaWyLgefH9Dd6IuUbAfwBSLpNJxcCAaAtlDEALw_wcB
Mrs Clavin, Mrs Durham, Mrs Cunningham, Miss Kenny and Mrs Boubendir
Your nursery team