Hello Reception Parents and Carers,
Welcome back! We hope you all had a lovely half term break! We are so excited to get stuck into the second half of the Spring term, especially with the return of the lovely Mrs Shryane! We have all missed her so much! This half of the term our focus is going to be all things ‘Fantasy’! Our learning will centre on some fantasy themed books such as ‘The bog baby’, ‘The Princess and the Pea’, and ‘The Well Spell’.
Some of the things we will be learning this half term are:
Literacy: We will be working on putting our ideas into sentences such as writing a caption for a picture from a story. We will also be exploring structures in stories such as being able to identify the problem and solution within a story.
Physical Development – Team games.
Art – We will be exploring different shades of light and dark, as well as expressing our creativity through collage.
Maths – We will continue to develop our understanding of number composition, through exploring number bonds to 5.
R.E: We will be exploring different places of worship and making comparisons between Churches and Mosques.
PSHE – We will be exploring how to keep our minds and bodies healthy.
Key dates this term
World book day: 05th March (Children are welcome to dress up as their favourite word).
World Maths day 23rd March (Children are welcome to dress as their favourite number or in a Maths themed outfit!)
Reception sharing assembly 15th March (Parents to go to the office @9am where they will be lead up to the hall).
We will be taking a trip to the Mosque (Date TBC)
We will be taking a trip to the Church (Date TBC)
EYFS Music celebration 22nd March (Parents to go to the office @9am where they will be lead up to the hall).
School closes Wednesday 27th March at the usual time for Easter Break.
Ongoing Routines in school;
* School starts promptly at 8.50am and ends at 3.20 pm. Our classroom open 5 minutes early to allow children to come inside and get ready for their morning register, any children arriving after this time must go to the office to receive a late mark.
* Home work is sent home each Friday evening - this will consist of three tasks - Talk Book homework, to be complete by your child over the weekend, online phonics homework and online Maths homework using our fun and interactive online learning platforms; Reading Eggs and Maths Seeds.
* Reading books will be changed twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. We encourage you to read a minimum of at least three times a week at home to help to build your child's phonics skills and story telling vocabulary. We also ask that you write a comment in your child's reading book to let us know how well they did with their reading book.
* Keep in touch, if you need any extra support of if you have any questions about anything we are here to support you.
* We are keen to support language in our EYFS and will send home key vocabulary for you to practice with your children to help them to develop their language around their themes of learning in school, even further
Useful educational websites you could use at home:
Reading websites -
* Remember to log on to the website MYON at https://www.myon.co.uk/login/ to listen to stories being ready to you online. Each child's individual login has been sent to you on Tapestry.
* The website Oxford Owl has a free eBook library for you to access at home. You will need to make an account to access this library, but it is free to do so. There are over 1000 children's books in the eBook library for you to look at. Follow this link to view this online eBook library now. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
* https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/find-out-more/parents/ provides videos for parents showing you can how to say each pure sounds correctly.
* www.phonicsplay.co.uk has lots of free online phonics games to help your children to practise blending skills.
You will also find useful information about school on our social media pages. Please see the links below: